Review: Angels and Demons by Dan Brown

Angels & Demons  - Dan Brown

Summary:

CERN Institute, Switzerland: a world-renowned scientist is found brutally murdered with a mysterious symbol seared onto his chest. The Vatican, Rome: the College of Cardinals assembles to elect a new pope. Somewhere beneath them, an unstoppable bomb of terrifying power relentlessly counts down to oblivion. In a breathtaking race against time, Harvard professor Robert Langdon must decipher a labyrinthine trail of ancient symbols if he is to defeat those responsible - the Illuminati, a secret brotherhood presumed extinct for nearly four hundred years, reborn to continue their deadly vendetta against their most hated enemy, the Catholic Church.

My opinion:

I finished this book about a week ago so I don't remember all the feels, but I do know that the beginning sounded really awesome but the more I read, the more I disliked the book. I have to say that I reaaaaaally liked the topic in this novel and the storyline seemed extremely interesting so that's why I gave this book 3 stars. I loved reading about Illuminati and the cardinals/church theme was a really unique topic to write about!

I didn't feel the characters that much and it seemed a little bit flat to me even though I really liked the writing style (of course). When I was halfway through the interests went down and all I wanted to do was just be over with so that's sad for me..

There's also a movie of this novel, but I haven't watched it yet. I saw the trailer and it seemed kinda weird, so I'm not sure if I should watch it or not. Please let me know if you have seen the movie and if you think it's worth watching.

What is your opinion about Angels and Demons?