Review: The Unbound (The Archived #2) by Victoria Schwab

The Unbound - Victoria Schwab

Summary:

Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books. Each body has a story to tell, a life seen in pictures that only Librarians can read. The dead are called Histories, and the vast realm in which they rest is the Archive.

*Spoilers if you haven't read The Archived yet!!*

Last summer, Mackenzie Bishop, a Keeper tasked with stopping violent Histories from escaping the Archive, almost lost her life to one. Now, as she starts her junior year at Hyde School, she's struggling to get her life back. But moving on isn't easy -- not when her dreams are haunted by what happened. She knows the past is past, knows it cannot hurt her, but it feels so real, and when her nightmares begin to creep into her waking hours, she starts to wonder if she's really safe.

Meanwhile, people are vanishing without a trace, and the only thing they seem to have in common is Mackenzie. She's sure the Archive knows more than they are letting on, but before she can prove it, she becomes the prime suspect. And unless Mac can track down the real culprit, she'll lose everything, not only her role as Keeper, but her memories, and even her life. Can Mackenzie untangle the mystery before she herself unravels?

With stunning prose and a captivating mixture of action, romance, and horror, The Unbound delves into a richly imagined world where no choice is easy and love and loss feel like two sides of the same coin.

My opinion:

Oh I love this one just as much as the first book in this series. I don't know how she does it but when I read this series I feel like she's an psychologist and tells us about life and stuff, without us talking back. This book is also so good because she also takes us to a surreal world and make us feel like it's real. So incredibly good how she does that!

This book has seriously so many quoes about things that are important to us, but she writes it in a way it isn't that recognisable if you're captivated by the story and that's why I love (yes I said it!) Victoria Schwab. I cannot wait to read more books by her. and I highly, highly recommend this series (also because the storyline is so, so unique!). I finished this book on 27 of February, but I've been sick (and I still am a little) so that's why this review is so late, but better late than never, right?

I have a question for you guys. Do any of you know if there's going to be a sequel and if so when it will be released?