2016 Bookish resolutions

So it's that time of the year! Usually I don't like making resolutions, but I had this one in my mind for while now.

Of course there's that famous Goodreads challenge and even though I don't take that one seriously, I'm going to set that one to 50 books. I also have loads of Penguin Little Black classics that will be counted in those 50 books, so that won't a huge challenge.

On the other hand I've decided that I want to do a theme for each month. It's almost like #AYearAThon, but then for myself and through the entire month. This will be my list:

January: mythology / ancient / middelgrade / children

August: summer books / cute contemporary / cute classics

September: mystery / thriller

Oktober: Stephen King / horror

November: children

December: catching up on author / series

Of course I will read other genres as well, but my main focus will be on those that I've mentioned for each month. In my last Rory Gilmore update post I also mentioned some books that are mentioned on that list that I would like to read in 2016 as well. Here is again that tbr:

1. 1984 by George Orwell

214. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey

246. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier

309. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

318. Uncle Tom’s Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe

There are some books that are on my maybe list, but if I can get to those ones I'm already happy.

Other than that I also would like to have a lower ''books I own-tbr'', because in my opinion I own way too many. So I would like to get back to ''where I order a book, when it arrives, read it immediately''-, which I did at the very beginning.

What are your resolutions for 2016?