Review: The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

Summary:

That's what Macy has to look forward to while her boyfriend, Jason, is away at Brain Camp. Days will be spent at a boring job in the library, evenings will be filled with vocabulary drills for the SATs, and spare time will be passed with her mother, the two of them sharing a silent grief at the traumatic loss of Macy's father.

But sometimes, unexpected things can happen—things such as the catering job at Wish, with its fun-loving, chaotic crew. Or her sister's project of renovating the neglected beach house, awakening long-buried memories. Things such as meeting Wes, a boy with a past, a taste for Truth-telling, and an amazing artistic talent, the kind of boy who could turn any girl's world upside down. As Macy ventures out of her shell, she begins to wonder, Is it really better to be safe than sorry?

My opinion:

This book was okay. The storyline was very predictable and boring, there were only a few scenes that I liked. I hated the main character, Macy, because she didn't stand up for herself, like never. Some things could easily be solved if she'd only speak to her mom. Her dad died, but it was so long ago that I don't get it. And the fact that she was with Jason and when he took a break she still took that job at the libraby. So yes there were a lot of frustrations. The only few things I liked was the Truth game between Wes and Macy and the fact that her sister, Caroline stood up for herself.

I don't understand why this is her most popular book. I think Lock & Key and This Lullaby are way much better (I haven't Just Listen yet), but this book was very dissapointing. I didn't learn anything from it and there weren't any quotes that I was like: this is só true. I only give it 2 stars because I think I understand why some (ahum most) people would like it, but I just don't get it. If you haven't read any book by Sarah Dessen yet, I wouldn't recommend you this one as a first read.

What is your opinion about The Truth About Forever?