Review: Across the Universe trilogy by Beth Revis

Summary:

Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awake on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into a brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone—one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship—tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn’t do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now, Amy must race to unlock Godspeed’s hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there’s only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.

My opinion:

Oh what do I have to say... The first book was okay, but I didn't like the science fiction decissions the writer did. I hated it. It was the first plottwist and my boyfriend stopped reading and I was like: why didn't you finish the book? He hated that plottwist. I didn't like it as well but I kept reading, just to see how the storyline would develops. The incest thing (the ''Season) was discusting (even though it made sense) but the love development was okay.

And then I read A Million Suns, the second book. Again a science fictional plottwist that I didn't like

(the fact that they were already on the planet but couldn't land)

(show spoiler)

and I was like why did you have to do that?!?! But I kept reading, because it's supposed to be a good series.

After I finished A Million Suns I wasn't in the mood for Shades of Earth, but I started reading it anyways. After I put it down so many times I was like: okay I'm going to stop reading this book and maybe I will finish it in the future. I liked it more than the other books, but I wasn't hooked by the storyline.

I'm really sad about the fact that I didn't like this trilogy as much as I thought I would. I love science fiction and I wanted to read this series for about a year, so I'm really disapointed.

Have you read this trilogy?