Review: Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan

Will Grayson, Will Grayson - John Green;Penguin Books USA

Summary:

One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, two strangers cross paths. Two teens with the same name, running in two very different circles, suddenly find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, culminating in heroic turns-of-heart and the most epic musical ever to grace the high-school stage.

My opinion:

I didn't like this book and it's on the bottom of my John Green list. The language was disturbing and unnecessary and the storyline was really confusing and that's why I didn't like the plot. Yes, the characters are teenagers and yes people talk/have (about) sex, but the words in there is not acceptable (in my opinion). It took me a few days to read this book, even though it was only 300 pages long.

There's only one thing I really appreciated: the subject. This story is about being gay and the acceptance of that and just love in general. I think lots of teenagers can learn from it and that the authors were really brave to show this story to the public. Being gay is normal here, but not in every country. The Netherlands is well known as a country that excepts gay people and I've grown up with that morality that being gay is okay, but there are so many people in the world who didn't grow up with it. And because of that I give Will Grayson, Will Grayson 3 stars.

Have you read Will Grayson, Will Grayson and what is your opinion about it?