Review: Carrie by Stephen King

Carrie - Stephen King

Summary:

Carrie knew she should not use the terrifying power she possessed... But one night at her senior prom, Carrie was scorned and humiliated just one time too many, and in a fit of uncontrollable fury she turned her clandestine game into a weapon of horror and destruction...

My opinion:

This was a really good book and it gave me loads of emotions! It was my first Stephen King book, but it was a good one. If you read and love YA novels and would like to get into his book, I recommend this one for sure! (and it's his first novel, so hey!).

If you have been bullied, I think you'll understand Carrie's reactions. Yes some parts were gross and I understand why this book was banned in so many schools, but it has a good lesson. Oh and it was also cool that there was some magic in the story! (Carrie can do things without touching it).And her mom though, she drove me nuts! I can't understand how you can put your child in a coset for hours to pray for her sins (even if she didn't do anything wrong)!

I gave it 4.5 stars instead of 5 because I wish there would be only one pov: Carrie's. I think that would have made the novel much better and I wish there weren't flash forwards.

I'm going to watch the 2013 movie version because of Chloë Grace Moretz (who played Mia in If I stay) and Ansel Elgort and I'm going to do a book to movie review of that one as well. Here's the trailer in case you haven't seen it:

I know there's a 1976 version as well. Please let me know if that one is worth to watch!

Which Stephen King book would you recommend to read next?