Review: Carrie by Stephen King

Carrie - Stephen King

Carrie knew she should not use the terrifying power she possessed... But one night at her senior prom, Carrie was scorned and humiliated just one time too many, and in a fit of uncontrollable fury she turned her clandestine game into a weapon of horror and destruction...

My opinion:

This was a really good book and it gave me loads of emotions! It was my first Stephen King book, but it was a good one. If you read and love YA novels and would like to get into his book, I recommend this one for sure! (and it's his first novel, so hey!).

If you have been bullied, I think you'll understand Carrie's reactions. Yes some parts were gross and I understand why this book was banned in so many schools, but it has a good lesson. Oh and it was also cool that there was some magic in the story! (Carrie can do things without touching it).And her mom though, she drove me nuts! I can't understand how you can put your child in a coset for hours to pray for her sins (even if she didn't do anything wrong)!

I gave it 4.5 stars instead of 5 because I wish there would be only one pov: Carrie's. I think that would have made the novel much better and I wish there weren't flash forwards.

I'm going to watch the 2013 movie version because of Chloë Grace Moretz (who played Mia in If I stay) and Ansel Elgort and I'm going to do a book to movie review of that one as well. Here's the trailer in case you haven't seen it:

I know there's a 1976 version as well. Please let me know if that one is worth to watch!

Which Stephen King book would you recommend to read next?