Usually I don't do booktags, but this one seemed really interesting and fun to do, so here it is!
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn't like.
Across The Universe trilogy by Beth Revis. I've read the entire trilogy a while ago, but I just didn't like that one at all.
I also don't like Pride and Prejudice that much (sorry not sorry). Oh and I also didn't like The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, but I'm planning on re-reading that one soon.
I recently read Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell and personally I don't see that hype either...
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
The entire Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth! So many people love the first book, didn't like Insurgent that much and hated Allegiant, I personally loved the entire series.
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don't like.
I don't want to spoil anyone so I'm not going to say that person's name, but I didn't like that person who Katniss (from The Hunger Games) ended up with. Just no.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
Fantasy. I don't like fantasy that much and even though I still read a fantasy book or series once in a while, I don't reach out for it that much. I also hardly ever reach out for New Adult. I've tried a few and I liked some, but yea. Oh and I don't think I'll ever read an Historical Fiction novel.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Cath from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I just.. no. She was so whiny and I didn't connect to her at all.
6. A popular author that you can't seem to get into.
Jane Austen. I've read 3 of her books now (Pride and Prejudice, Emma and Sense and Sensibility) and I only liked Emma so far. I want to read her other books as well, but I'm not a huge fan.
7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing. (examples "lost princess", corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
Trilogies and love triangles. Especially in the YA genre you see sooo many trilogies and love triangles that I'm tired of it. Why can't there be a duology or a quartet or just one book?
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin and Throne Of Glass trilogy by Sarah J. Maas. I just have 0,0% interest in those books. I've watched the first season of Game Of Thrones about a year ago and I just didn't like it that much and since those books are so huge and because I didn't like the show I don't think I'm going to read that series anytime soon.
9. The saying goes "The book is always better than the movie", but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
The Vampire Diaries and Pretty Little Liars. I tried to read those series but they were so different from the tv show and because I already watched the first few series of both of them I didn't like those books as much.
I know some of those answers are kind of shocking, but that's just how I feel about them.
Do you have an unpopular opinion about one (ore more) of those questions?