Review: Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

Anne of Green Gables  - L.M. Montgomery

Goodreads summary:

"The dearest and most moving and delightful child since the immortal Alice."  —Mark Twain

My dislikes: Being an orphan, having red hair, people twitting about my red hair, being called "carrots" by Gilbert Blythe. My likes: Living at the Green Gables with Marilla and Matthew Cuthbert, my bosom-friend Diana, dresses with puff sleeves, renaming Barry's pond the Lake of Shining Waters, coming top of the class. My regrets: Dyeing my hair green. Smashing a slate over Gilbert Blythe's head. My dream: To tame my temper. To be good (this is an uphill struggle). To grow up to have auburn hair!

My review:

I loved Anne of Green Gables so much! It's so fascinating that it's still relevant today (first print was in 1908) and that's is so very relatable over the entire world and the topics that were discussed in the novel. It's written so cleverly and I absolutely loved it. It only took me so long to finish it, because I was thinking about my own life and making changes etc. etc.

The story is about growing up and the main character is so like me so it was really eye opening to read about it. Anne is so witty and clever and goes for something more every single time and she also realises how important familiy is (and I also have red hair ha, well I used to not it has turned naturally into brown(ish). The story is also about forgiveness and that you have to remember that everyone has a shield and that you might be surprised how people actually really are (and it's about feminism as well.) Even though it's a classic, it's very easy to read and with all the discussed topics I highly recommend it for everyone.

What is your opinion about Anne of Green Gables?