At the end of last year I made a decision not to post anymore. Mainly because I didn't have much time to read. There were also other reasons why I didn't want to post anymore and one of those reasons was that I was that I didn't want to post regular monthly wrap-ups and hauls anymore. That's kind of obvious if you don't have to read that much. I didn't have inspiration left on what to post... until a few days ago, which means I'm back!
Suddenly I had all the inspiration: new topics I want to talk about and loads of design ideas (in case you have forgotten: I'm studying Media Design (which is graphic design, but then more things you can design) and suddenly I had loads of ideas on how to combine them. So that's what I'm going to do from now on.
This means I won't do monthly wrap-ups and hauls (you can still see the hauls on my Instagram and what I recently read and currently reading on my Goodreads), but loads of new categories and topics! These are the ones I'm thinking (going to) on posting:
- bookish thoughts, because I want to talk about loads of topics like making time for reading, ebooks vs. physical books, going to the library, living in a country where English isn't the mother language and what that means with buying books etc. etc. so if you have suggestions on this: please let me know!
- a series where I review the entire collection by an author;
- tags (also with this one, if you want me to do a specific tag: let me know!);
- talking about cover design like my favorite editions, what I like about some covers and what I don't (real design talk here!) and maybe also redesign some covers myself and show them to you;
- my thoughts on certain controversial books;
- infographics about my reading wrap-up at the end of the year and other interesting infographics.
I also have some ideas that I'm not so sure about, so we'll see. The main thing I want to focus on is on being creative and mix books with design as much as possible.
There will also be another thing I wanted to change: uploading on a specific time and day. At the beginning I'm going to post on Sundays at 3pm (Amsterdam time), so most people can read the post as soon as I've uploaded it.
I'm curious to see if I can stick to it, but I'm going to try my best to do so. I also hope you're excited about it as I am!
What are you looking forward most on seeing on my blog?