Review: Paper Towns by John Green

Paper Towns - John Green

Summary:

Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life — dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge — he follows.

After their all-nighter ends and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues — and they’re for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees of the girl he thought he knew.

My opinion:

This book started very slowly and I couldn't get in to the story. But that was only like 60 pages or so and then I started to like it! This story is really good. John Green explains the title very often and the thing I noticed and liked was that he mentioned that a city always looks better from above but when you get a look closely it looks fake. Fake houses, fake people etc. That's just so true! It's also about growing up and let your childhood go. This story takes place in the senior year and that's one of the things I really like.

Paper Towns is again a contemporary story but with a twist. It gets really mystery and the ending was very romantic. This story is different than the other stories John Green has written, but definitely a very good one!

There's also coming out a movie about this book and it will be in theatre in 2015. The two main characters are already casted: Nat Wolff as Quentin Jacobsen and Cara Delevingne as Margo Roth Spiegelman. Nat also played Isaac in The Fault In Our Stars.

I think Isaac can play the role very well but I don't like Cara Delevingne as Margo. Margo in the book is very curvy but Cara is very thin. I hope they are going to change that!

Have you read Paper Towns and what is your opinion about this book? What do you think of the cast so far?