August didn't go as well as I hoped to when it comes to reading, but I'm still okay with my wrap-up. I read the 1/3 of Great Expectations in July though, but for the rest I started and finished 5 books and I started two other novels.
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 3/5 ★ review
- Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen 3/5 ★ review
- The Martian by Andy Weir 3/5 ★ review
- Good Morning, Midnight by Jean Rhys 5/5 ★ review
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens 3.5/5 ★ review
- City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments #4) by Cassandra Clare 3/5 ★
I read the first 436 pages out of 589 of The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown so I'm still currently reading that one and I started re-reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling (I'm currently on page 75 out of 831 pages).
As you can see I didn't loved most of the books and that got me a little bit in a reading slumb last month. However, I did watch many episodes of tv series (ha):
- Gilmore Girls S01E20 - S03E07
- Pretty Little Liars S06E05 - S06E10
- Orphan Black S01E01 - S01E10
- America's Next Top Model S22E01 - S22E04
- American Horror Story S04E03 + S04E04
- Great Expectations 2011 BBC mini-series S01E01 (there are only 3 episodes in total)
I've watched 53 episodes in total (wauw!). I've rewatched Gilmore Girls though and Orphan Black is my new favorite! I absolutely love that series.
Which was your favorite read of July?